Sunday, September 7, 2014

You might as well paint "adult" across my forehead

The view was amazing. At the top I had juice boxes and nap time and the word "responsibility" held no meaning. I was happy.

Then one day something sent me plummeting to my death. But it wasn't really death, it was reality. And those might as well be the same thing.

I still can't figure out what it was that did it or when it happened, but I got exiled from paradise.

Maybe it was the person who canceled recess after the sixth grade.

Or maybe it was Jamie Lynn Spears' kid who is the reason Zoey 101 ceased to exist.

Maybe it was Disney Channel when they decided to stop making the good shows like That's so Raven and Lizzie McGuire.

Or maybe it was the day I got a phone and traded in face to face communication with 
Hey
Hey
Sup
Not much, you?
Nothing. Who do you like?

Maybe it was my first kiss because after that I was never the same.

Maybe it was when I traded in crayons and coloring books for pens and textbooks.

Maybe it was my first broken heart because you can never really fix something that's broken. 

Or maybe it was the day I realized that this is my last year at home before I have to grow up and decide who I am in this world. If it hasn't already been decided for me...

Regardless, I've lost paradise and it doesn't miss me like I miss it.

1 comment:

  1. This is how I feel about life in a nutshell. Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete