Sunday, September 7, 2014

Frenemies

I have a love-hate relationship with words. 

They too often escape me and abandon me in times of desperation. They leave me when I stand in front of crowds, in heated arguments, and when my crush talks to me in the hallway. 

They are there late at night when everyone has gone to sleep, but slip away when I try to explain to my parents why my car was gone in the middle of the night and I was no where to be found.

They are there when I rehearse what I'll say to that friend that hurts me continuously and never apologizes, but leave as soon as I open my mouth to tell her how I feel.

Words aren't on my side but I guess people aren't either.

1 comment:

  1. this line is perfection.

    Words aren't on my side but I guess people aren't either.

    ReplyDelete