Sunday, September 21, 2014

Can you use it in a sentence, please?




Spell it out.

L-O-V-E

You can't have my heart; it's not mine to give.

That iron-y taste in my mouth isn't love it's blood. Love kissed my elbow when I tripped on the crack in the cement, but love wasn't the pretty boy who kissed my lips. Love told me I was beautiful, lust told me I was 'hot.'

Love was laying on the grass next to my first puppy watching it sleep. Love was screaming at my best friend and then trying to drive away from her house as the tears clouded my vision. Love was stealing his sweatshirt and stealing glances in his direction.

People say love hurts, but in reality the absence of love is what stings their eyes and makes their body go numb.

Love is perfect, but the people who experience it make it messy.

I don't know passionate, breathless love, but I have the constant, unconditional love of a mother and that's enough for me for now.

Love walked me to my car in the dark and held me in it's arms when I didn't have the strength to stand on my own. It reminded me that high school isn't everything and popularity won't matter after graduation. Love wasn't the one who made the promises you didn't keep. You did that. It wasn't love's fault.

Love is mine. Love is yours.

Love loves company so let's make it ours.





7 comments:

  1. First off your title was funny and got me hooked.
    Second I totally agree with you love is pure perfection but humans are imperfections, we are what makes love hard and messy!
    Third that last line tho.. Gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this. So good. I love how you say the absence of love is really what hurts. Love is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness your title is BRILLIANT you are BRILLIANT

    ReplyDelete
  4. "laying on the grass next to my first puppy watching it sleep"

    I can't think of a stronger image of love.

    Country of origin, please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love loves company.

    Hey I loved this in general.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im your favorite blogger and you are now my favorite blogger and sorry for stalking you i cant help it im an insomniac looking for entertainment and you delivered

    ReplyDelete