Saturday, September 27, 2014

Slow suffocation

It's safe to say that you're killing me

Every touch, every glance my way places another brick on my chest

I thought that was a form of torture, but here I am, falling in love with the pressure

The space between us on the couch was okay because at least you were sitting next to me
Then you scooted closer
And I was definitely more okay

My lungs are screaming and these bricks are getting heavier
I'll get used to it soon enough

And you don't ever need to let go or let up 
Because my lungs will grow stronger
And my heart is more fond of you than it is of pumping blood

I knew that letting you into my life would be dangerous 
And oh was I right.

4 comments:

  1. it made me think we better be careful who we let in our life because some of them turn out to be bricks to the chest. I love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'And my heart is more fond of you than it is of pumping blood'

    everyone is too good at writing in these blogs. and this post is exactly how it feels. so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is too good. So real and amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was amazing I can totally relate and I love the bricks stacked up on your chest comparison, because I get that feeling all the time.

    ReplyDelete