Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pinky swear

I won't be everything you've always wanted.
I won't sing on key.
I probably won't be your parents favorite.
And our wedding pictures won't look that great because I've never been photogenic.
I won't be a good mom because I watched a one year old little boy climb up on a table at church today and proceed to fall right off the side and I couldn't hold back the laughter.
I won't always be happy. 
I'm not all that funny but I'm really good at laughing at myself.

I will be there for you in the middle of the night if you need me.
If there's one thing I'm good at it's accepting people for everything they will never be.
I will pay attention to the little things because the small stuff is important to me.
I will hug you until you aren't broken anymore.
I will watch sports with you just to watch the passion in your face and laugh at you while you yell at the TV.
I will always ask you what's wrong and wait until you stop saying nothing.
I will forgive you when you hurt me because I never learned how to hold a grudge.
I will love you with everything I am. Divorce is a huge part of my past but I won't let it dictate my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment