Sunday, December 21, 2014

It's time

I guess it's time.

I've hidden behind a dark silhouette for long enough.
A silhouette of a girl with a much better nose than me and I realize it's stupid, but I resent it.

And I hate goodbyes.
but this won't be one
because I'm not interested in doing things I don't like if I don't have to.

I'll be honest and say that before this year, writing wasn't my escape, but rather my prison.
And my only inspiration came from old, dusty books from the history section of the library because I was never inspired to write, I just needed an A.

So thank you, Nelson.
You showed me a Paris filled with laughter ending in tears, late nights filled with words that only ever made it to the drafts file, and a place that I never want to leave.

So I'm not leaving.

I'll stay here with my trust issues that stemmed from daddy issues, random music taste that ranges from hard core rap that swears every other word to country (why do people hate on country?), obnoxious laugh that seems to present itself in the most inappropriate of times, and my strange personality that usually sends boys running for the hills. (And I've never been much of a runner so I never chase after them.)

Here's to the first semester of my last year of high school.

Actually, here's to creative writing for showing me more of myself than a close-up mirror ever could.

Thanks for coming on this ride of self-discovery.

A ride that ended in Paris.

xoxo

Emma Fruehan

13 comments:

  1. YES YES YES YES YES

    also "I'll stay here with my trust issues that stemmed from daddy issues, random music taste that ranges from hard core rap that swears every other word to country"

    Same here. Exactly. That whole paragraph actually was absolutely flawless.

    You're definitely a favorite and I can't wait to read everything you ever continue to write.

    And blog friendship, it's definitely a thing.

    I just love Polly Baker and Emma Fruehan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the good ones.

    P.s. My music taste is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not leaving either. And it's been truly great to read your blog. You know how to write. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. this blog was so beautiful. thanks for writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you Emma. Thanks for being real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY LAUGH IS THE SAME. Glad to know you and your writing, let's be friends. Thank you for the beautiful words, don't stop

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The entire last part=yes. Literally I've loved your blog so long, I'm glad you're gonna stick around. thanks for all your comments, and thank you for your words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for your blog! I love your post and glad your not leaving! This post is so on point

    ReplyDelete
  10. emma.
    wow.
    wow, wow.
    your blog is my very favorite. everything you posted i related to so much. please keep writing because i can promise you that i will continue to read and love everything you write.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for all of the encouraging comments on my blog, Emma. I've loved reading your blog. Literally every post has been the most lovely thing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy crap. That was awesome. It's awesome to meet you Emma :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful post! your blog is amazing and emma, its nice to meet you for real

    ReplyDelete