Sunday, November 2, 2014

With Heavy Hearts

I don't know death personally. Not like most of you do. 

I've been to a few funerals but only cried at one. Stage 4 brain cancer. I sat in the back and tears stained my cheeks.

And tears stained my cheeks again today. I didn't know him. I wish I had been able to be a friend to him. I wish I could have been the person that changed his mind. But our paths never crossed.

The hard fact is that our paths weren't destined to cross. They would've gotten tangled and screwed up some perfectly chiseled plan. But oh I wish they had been tangled.
I wish. 
I wish.

We all wish. We wish we could have done more. 

You can't blame yourself. 

Lone Peak always comes together when these things happen, but it takes about 2 days for us to fall apart. Let's not fall apart again. 

Rest in peace.



5 comments:

  1. i hope we don't fall apart this time.
    but we always seem to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us not fall apart.... Again.
    #makechangestay

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't blame yourself. #correct Great post. Let's change for the better and not go back to our old ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That part about destiny and a perfectly chiseled plan really got me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Let's not fall apart again."

    I read this post over and over and over.

    ReplyDelete