Sunday, November 9, 2014

Adolescent fog

My judgment has been a little clouded lately but I think that's probably a 17 thing.
And I can't find the answer in the back of the textbook no matter how hard I look.
17's an odd number so why isn't it there?

I keep trying to write essays that explain my life in 250 words or less. But how do they expect me to do that? That would take approximately 12 conversations until the cold hours of the morning where honesty is easier and words flow like rivers.

The world is prettier covered in a thin layer of mist.
Until the mist turns to fog and you're trying to move through it.
Now I'm stuck in the fog between childhood and adulthood and my vision isn't improving with age.

I'm too far in and everyone is so far out of range that not even the animals can hear my desperate cries for help.

Someone tell me what to do.
             
                                   Where to go.
                              
                                                  Who to be.
12 year old me wouldn't be proud of the lost and confused person I've become. 
Sorry I guess 17 isn't what I thought it would be.
I thought I had more potential than this.


Guess not.

4 comments:

  1. "And I can't find the answer in the back of the textbook no matter how hard I look." mmmm hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entire thing is 1000% beauty and perfection. Seriously this is eveything I've been thinking but didn't know hot to put into words. I want to put #stolen to the entire thing. Seriously amazing, one of my favorites!
    But really #stolen to the whole first paragraph
    I freaking love your blog and you.
    K I'm done, bye, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 17 is an odd number so why isn't it there?

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ^^^^ loved the same line as margaret.anne.
    just spunky. i liked it

    ReplyDelete